One of the most appreciated Christmas gifts is the games console. Although expensive, the games console certainly is worth it. Whether you’re a gamer or not, the games console allows for hours, days or even weeks of fun and the multiplayer feature which is included in most gaming consoles makes gaming a sociable activity which can provide a good time for the whole family. There are many different consoles which you can choose from in 2016. Which one should you choose?
Available since 2013, the Xbox one is a popular choice when it comes to buying game consoles. There are over 100 gaming exclusives for the Xbox one, including games such as Gears of War 4, Halo Wars 2 and Madden NFL 17 which you can’t play on any other competitor console.
- Play with your friends and other gamers across the world using Xbox Gold
- Overlay live television
- Split-screen multitasking
- Improved second-screen support
- Kinect sensor – motion tracking and voice recognition to improve graphical user interface
As the Xbox One’s largest competitor, the Playstation 4 is the successor to Sony’s previous version, the PS3. It too offers a range of exclusive games which can’t be played on any other console. You can also buy more than one wireless controller so you can play with your friends.
- Exclusive games
- Play with your friends
- Share and socialise with your gaming friends
- Buy a PlayStation VR headset to experience 360-degree gaming
- Stunning visuals
Nintendo Wii U
The Wii U is Nintendo’s first console which supports HD graphics. The Wii is a motion tracking game console which requires you to move the remote to achieve the game objectives. Connect to the internet to search the web, watch YouTube videos and access Netflix.
- Touchscreen remote
- View gaming on the TV and the Wii U gamepad
- Use the gamepad to play and watch TV at the same time
- 32GB data storage, also supporting external USB storage
The Nintendo Switch will be released in March 2017. It is a hybrid of its two of Nintendo’s former consoles and can be used at home or on the go. It consists of a tablet and a docking station that connects to your TV. The tablet slides inside the dock when you’re at home, displaying the game on the TV. When you want to play on the go, split the controller in half and slide each piece onto the sides of the tablet screen.
- Play at home and on the move
- Multiplayer options
- Exclusive games – Mario Kart, Splatoon