Considerations When Purchasing Flowers
When purchasing flowers online there are a number of essential factors that need to be carefully weighed.
The important aspects of any flower store online or not are:
- Where they are sourcing their product from.
- The knowledge and skill of the store staff and arrangers.
- The quality of the product and how short their supply line is.
- The ability of the store to deliver the product you want on time and within your budget.
Florists have provided a local option for the purchase of floral arrangements for many decades. In the past few years however, the local florist has seen a decline in orders due to a market shift to floral wire services and internet order companies. While a perception may remain that the quality of the product may be better in the local florist, this is no longer necessarily true as the supply chains and sales volume of an online store may allow for purchases from suppliers closer to the time of delivery.
Whether you are ordering flowers as a gift or as part of a bridal bouquet there are a number of serious considerations to think about.
The shorter the supply chain between the store and the grower the better as this means lower costs and more likely fresher flowers. It is equally important when considering a purchase to choose a company that has knowledgeable staff, providing you with advice, and arrangers that can take your request and bring it to life. Stores sourcing flowers on a larger scale from suppliers can often be found to sell flowers at much lower costs, as when the flowers are cut they must then be sold.
It is important to make sure the company you choose are able to have the flowers ready and looking healthy for when you need them, at a cost that you can afford.
Prior to making your purchase, taking these factors into consideration can help to ensure you receive a final product that you are happy with.
- There is a move to a larger portion of the flower sales market to online and wire services.
- Online flower retailers do not automatically provide lower quality product, sometimes their services can be far superior.
- It is important and necessary to speak with the floral arranger to make sure they understand the vision you have for your product.
- You must ensure that the company you work with can deliver on time and within your budget.