Boiler Cover

Boiler Cover

boiler cover

Many people may not think of taking out insurance to cover their boiler, but boiler problems can be costly so you may face expensive repairs in the event that your boiler breaks down. Replacement parts alone can be costly, but in addition to paying for the parts you would also need to pay a call out charge for the engineer. As well as the expense, you could also have the inconvenience of being without heating and hot water. Taking out boiler cover would allow you to get any repairs done quickly without needing to worry about the cost. There are number of great companies throughout the UK which offer boiler cover deals such as the AA, HES and Swinton.

Choosing insurance for your boiler

There are various options available when it comes to choosing insurance for your boiler. You can take out basic cover, which may include repairs to the boiler and the controls, an annual service, accidental damage cover and a replacement boiler if it cannot be repaired.

For a higher premium, you could get boiler insurance which also covers central heating, plumbing, drains and home electrics. You will need to decide which level of cover you require, as well as taking into account the affordability of the cover.

Finding a boiler cover provider

Many energy providers will offer their customers insurance for their boiler, but this may not always be the best option. Before taking up the offer from the energy company, you should research the products that are available from other providers.

Using a price comparison site is a good way to research the different options. Normally, you will need to provide some basic information to receive a quotation. You may also need to provide information on your boiler, such as the brand and whether you have a combi boiler. There are a number of different boiler brands, such as Baxi and Vaillant, so you should check which one you have before requesting a quotation.

Before buying boiler insurance, you should check that you are not already covered, as some home insurance policies include cover for boilers.

There are some types of property that are not eligible for boiler cover, including mobile homes and bedsits. If you live in rented accommodation, you should not need to take out boiler insurance as it will be the responsibility of the landlord to get any issues fixed.

If you do need to take out insurance for your boiler, you will need to decide on the level of cover that you require.

  • Do you want radiator cover included?
  • Do you need cover for plumbing and drains?
  • Would you like home electrics to be covered?

In addition to taking out insurance for your boiler, it is advisable to have it serviced on a regular basis to prevent any problems. Some insurance includes cover for annual servicing. You can have checks carried out by a Gas Safe registered fitter to ensure that your boiler is in good working order and safe to use. If you are renting, your landlord should arrange annual safety checks and be able to provide a Gas Safety Certificate.

If you own your own home, buying cover for your boiler can provide reassurance that should your boiler break down, you will be able to have it fixed in a timely manner.

Best Boiler Cover Plans

Provider Central Heating Cover Incentives Available Plan starting prices
British Gas Plans Available • N/A £2.41 per Month
Scottish Power Plans Available • Cashback £6.50 per month
nPower Plans Available • Boiler service £4.20 per month
Homeserve Plans Available • Boiler service
• Free thermostat
£2.00 per month

*Rates verified at time of publishing, but may be subject to change